Saturday, December 18, 2010

We wait...

This has been the hardest entry to start. I'm not sure I will continue this blog. So sorry.

We went to our appointment with our Oncologist yesterday and he laid it all out on the table...there will be no cure. I think we both sort of knew what was coming but needed to hear it spelled out. Squamous Cell Carcinoma in the neck and spread to the liver and some lymph nodes... We are still in shock and mulling the information over.

We were given lots to read and several options on where we want to go from here. Chemo and radition will prolong life but may reduce the quality. Thank goodness there are medicines for pain and people standing ready to answer any questions we may have. To our question "Did we wait too long to go to the doctor?" the answer was "no...by the time it was noticible it had already progresses too far." I'm not sure I want to share everything and that I want to answer any questions as we really don't know all the answers. I think for the next few weeks we are going to gather as a family and discuss... what we are going to do.

4 comments:

  1. Aunt Susanne,
    Mom called us today and told us of this difficult news. We are sad and in shock of how quickly this has all happened. We have kept you all in our prayers and we love Uncle Robin and want him to be happy and without pain. Please tell him that Jeff and Maggie and kids sent their love. I don't know what we can do for you.. but if you think of anything please let us know... All our love,
    The Goebel's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne: We just got the sad news. Please know you are all in our prayers and thoughts.

    --Roger and Helen Ekins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne: I just got on to your blog for Robin. It is like reading John's prognosis.
    I would like to connect with you on my personal email. I have some things I would like to share with you, not through the blog, if you would like to.
    Prayers are coming your way. Hang tight.

    Nancy Miles
    njmiles@mac.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susanne, our best thoughts are with you all, and we will be praying for peace and comfort for all of you during this very difficult time. Much love, Lynda (Ritchie) Vargas

    ReplyDelete